How hard is it to get a project fom a drive onto an Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben North
How hard is it to get a project fom a drive onto an Avid
on Feb 5, 2016 at 1:35:34 pm

Hi,

I use Avid but am a complete newbie on how to tranfer projects etc

I have been given an extrnal drive with an Avid project on how can i get this open on another Avid? Will need to transfer it all locally

Thanks

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: How hard is it to get a project fom a drive onto an Avid
on Feb 5, 2016 at 2:47:51 pm

The MXF just has to sit in an Avid blessed folder system (not necessarily the local drive).

Basically "Avid MediaFiles > MXF > 1 (this could be any number but it has to contain the mdb files to connect with Avid software).

The projects are in Avid Projects folder and that too has to be placed in the right local drive.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How hard is it to get a project fom a drive onto an Avid
on Feb 5, 2016 at 4:08:17 pm

And to keep it even easier, if you want to move it around a lot, the project just needs to be somewhere you can access it.

When you go to open the project, you have those radio buttons for the location of the project. If you copy or move your project to an external hard drive (I would still put it inside some sort of an "avid projects folder") you just need to point Avid to that folder.

I usually zip up the projects before I move them to a new location, where I unzip them. I've had instances where something didn't copy correctly, and I've started finding it just easier to spend 4 seconds to zip it up first.

On a side note, I keep most of my projects on a drop box account, accessible by all of my edit systems. That way I can open them from pretty much anywhere.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]