FORUMS: list search recent posts

Autosequence Issue with New Track Creation

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Parker
Autosequence Issue with New Track Creation
on Feb 2, 2016 at 12:39:42 am

Howdy!

I've been using a workflow that entails creating assemblies via AVID's autosequence function. It's been working great.

I just updated to MC8.5 and now it's not working so great.

When I select clips in a bin and use autosequence, it now does not create the correct tracks. The video track is V19 and audio runs from A10-A18. Previously, the video track was correctly created as V1 and audio ran from A1-A8, representing the configuration of the master and subclips selected in the bin.

Can anybody help me out if they are on MC8.5 and try an autosequence, then let me know what tracks are created for that sequence? That'd go a long way in helping me track down the issue here.

Of course, nobody has anything better to do with their time than create an autosequence and get back to me, right?

Thanks for any assistance,
Scott

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Autosequence Issue with New Track Creation
on Feb 2, 2016 at 4:21:12 am

I reported a similar issue during beta. It may have slipped into release. I will check tomorrow.

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
on Feb 2, 2016 at 4:44:36 am

Thanks Michael I appreciate it.
Scott

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 2, 2016 at 11:10:47 pm

I confirmed the same thing in the release version of MC 8.5 that I saw during beta. If I AutoSequence clips I end up with V9 and A10, A11.

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
on Feb 2, 2016 at 11:58:24 pm

Thanks for this confirmation, saves me a lot of work trying to track it down.

It's a hassle to workaround, and annoying that it worked nicely in a prior version, was reported by Beta users like yourself, yet still exists. I spoke to Technical Support yesterday and they filed a case number. Should I get a reply I'll post it here.

Nonetheless I'm sorted and rolling now.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]