FORUMS: list search recent posts

Measuring percentage of Go Pro footage in sequence?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Travis
Measuring percentage of Go Pro footage in sequence?
on Jan 29, 2016 at 10:16:33 am

Hello all,

I'm working on a show for a 4K channel and they have strict requirements about the percentage of footage we can use that is from a non-4K source.

Currently, I'm cutting all my Go Pro footage onto it's own video track, and then when I need to add it up, I copy that track into a new sequence, then delete the gaps and see how long the sequence is.

This is pretty long-winded and I can see it becoming a regular requirement to update people on how much GP footage there is so I would really welcome any ideas people might have for quicker and possibly more accurate ways of doing this.

I tried putting the Go-Pro only sequence into a new bin, then showing reference clips and then getting the bin info on all the clips, but it showed me the duration of the master clips, not the "in to out" durations of the timeline clips. Is there a way of adding up the "in to out" durations of clips in a bin?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Measuring percentage of Go Pro footage in sequence?
on Jan 29, 2016 at 4:19:50 pm

Assuming the GoPro source clips are tagged as such, you could always do a V tracks only decompose of the sequence with 0 handles, then sort by column to identify GoPro clips. Select GoPro clips and get bin info, reverse selection and get get bin info and do a percentage of the two.

It is an interesting request and may be something I add to the reporting tool application I am developing.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]