FORUMS: list search recent posts

Excel Magic button

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Cohan
Excel Magic button
on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:45:43 pm

lets say I have a music library of 10,000 cues. These are all imported.

In a separate excel doc I received the list of cues that include info I would like in the avid. Mostly searchable keywords I would generally put in a "Comments" column.

the doc doesn't have a start or end TC. But because these are aif imports I'm pretty sure they all start at 00:00 TC. Just no easy way to add an end tc.

Any easy way of getting this meta data into the already imported cues or creating a batch list to re batch?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer here but the idea of forcing someone to copy and past 10,000 times seem mean and cruel.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Excel Magic button
on Jan 29, 2016 at 12:16:50 am

Is the info embedded in the music cues by chance? If so, I developed an AMA plug-in that brings in all that metadata and will generate cue sheets from an AAF for an affordable $25!

http://www.mus-id.com/

If not, you can try exporting a TAB from from the bin after an import that includes START and END timecodes as well as TAPE and SOURCE FILE - and do the column copy process in Excel to make a new ALE file that you can merge back into your existing clips.

Michael

Return to posts index

Greg Cohan
on Jan 29, 2016 at 12:31:43 am

Thanks

I use Mus-ID all the time for bringing in our needle drop cues(which have the embedded metadata)

It has made organizing our library of well over 200,000 cues much better.

It is the originally composed cues we get that are not embedded... Boo :-)

I'll try the Tab D list though I have never gotten that to work right.

Also I just put a bunch of PA's at producer station and am making them copy past everything :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 29, 2016 at 4:20:01 pm

I think you'll have to do the import/export/merge process in order for Media Composer to give you the exact Start, End, and duration for each of the cues. Should be fairly quick to do with some column copy/pasting in Excel.

Michael

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jan 30, 2016 at 10:24:50 pm

[Greg Cohan] "I'm pretty sure I know the answer here but the idea of forcing someone to copy and past 10,000 times seem mean and cruel.
"

That still sounds better than listening to 5,000 SFX and adding unique descriptions of them to a Comments column... ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]