FORUMS: list search recent posts

cut Mono tracks in time line into stereo tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Cohan
cut Mono tracks in time line into stereo tracks
on Jan 28, 2016 at 1:45:19 am

So Season 9 into a series and I'm trying to get stereo music and effects implemented into our workflow.

I have already modified the entire library of music and SFX master clips to stereo in the bins... Here is the hurdle I'm facing.

Our seasoned editors like to save time by cutting music selects from previous episodes or select sequences that are alternating left right mono tracks. Is there a way tomato these stereo?

right now they are mono in the time lines but match back to stereo master clips. But you can't cut the 2 mono tracks into the new stereo tracks.

working on Mac OS 10.9.5 MC 8.4.5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: cut Mono tracks in time line into stereo tracks
on Jan 28, 2016 at 7:17:01 am

Ok...you have to cut these music cues into stereo tracks. When they look at the old cuts that have cues, and match back to them, they match back and are stereo cues (because of the hard work done by the AE's). So now the have stereo cues that they can cut into stereo tracks.

IF they happen to match back to clips that aren't stereo yet (somehow skipped), then all they need to do is modify that cue to be stereo.

If they want to load the sequence into the SOURCE monitor to get the music, or if they select the cue and load it into the clipboard, they'll be dual mono. So they shouldn't do that...they should instead match frame to get the stereo cue.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]