FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on AMA linked project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Advice on AMA linked project
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:03:08 pm

I am taking over a short film that was shot on the Arri Alexa (camera files are 2k,Quicktime,ProRess 4444 files). "Proxy" files were made (Quicktime,1920x1080,ProRess 4444 files)and brought into the project via AMA. Nothing was transcoded nor consolidated. Sub-clips where made and audio was synced to the sub-clips. I do have a rough cut which I will start with that was cut together with these AMA clips.

I don't want to go forward working with AMA linked files as I've had issues with this in the past. I do need to be able to re-link to the camera master once pic lock is reached and be able to hand off the cut with the master files linked for color correction.

What are your thoughts on transcoding the AMA material while not messing up the cut and being able to re-link to the camera originals? What should I be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Advice on AMA linked project
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:11:50 pm

How were the proxy files created? what third party app was used?

Will they relink to the camera masters? Meaning, do they have the metadata needed to do that? Do you have access to the camera masters?

And are you planning on using Resolve to grade?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:40:02 pm

Hi Shane,

I'm told the proxies where created in DaVinci. I do have access to the camera originals and yes we are planning on using DaVinci to grade.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:57:19 pm

Then I think transcoding should be fine. The metadata will come along, and you just need to add the TAPE information...something YOU are well aware of, of course. :)

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Jan 26, 2016 at 11:52:17 pm

Thanks Shane

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>