FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid sound sync - multiple file enquiry

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Symes
Avid sound sync - multiple file enquiry
on Jan 24, 2016 at 5:41:36 pm

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help here.

Syncing sound on a project recently, through an error of judgement, I presumed the additional sound tracks to be safety tracks as produced by Zoom recorders.

In essence; Can I conform the additional identical length sound files to what I have already cut to create subclips, thusly adding sound tracks to my subclips,
Or
Do I need to start afresh? - presumably starting afresh, I can use the same AAF files as long as my subclips are adequately named?

Thanks a million guys!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid sound sync - multiple file enquiry
on Jan 25, 2016 at 2:06:30 pm

Just trying to be clear on the process:

1. You had a multiple track WAV file from your recorder of which you synced only a subset of those? For example, it was a 4 track file but you synced tracks 1+2 only?
2. You now have a .sync subclip that is VA1A2 and you already started edited sequences.
3. You now want to change the original .sync subclips to VA1A2A3A4?

If yes - you need to remake the .sync clips. Sequences will not update automatically with additional tracks, you need to do a replace edit on those events.

When you say AAF, what are you referring to exactly?

Michael

Return to posts index

Adam Symes
Re: Avid sound sync - multiple file enquiry
on Jan 30, 2016 at 11:13:39 am

Hi Michael, thanks for getting back to me!

Sadly (but happily because it's closure and resolution) the answer to all of the above is Yes.

Re-editing is not the end of the world, time consuming but this is a lesson I won't forget in a hurry.

When I say AAF I am referring to a 'playlist' of clips - sequences - that refer to the original footage, used for multi system, multi-tool changeover (PluralEyes/ProTools etc.)
So, what I meant to say was - will my sequences update with the newly added audio tracks as long as my subclips are identically named? But the impression I've received from your message is No.

Which is fine, frustrating but fine :) Thanks again Michael!

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]