FORUMS: list search recent posts

Get rid of 'new.01' suffix? MC7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Chernyaev
Get rid of 'new.01' suffix? MC7
on Jan 19, 2016 at 8:19:06 pm

I know this is a pretty dumb question. I've got an AAF from an editor to import and relink in Resolve. Everything goes well, except .new01 is added to the name of each clip, what causes problems in relink.
Is there a way to get rid of these suffixes:
1) in Media Composer (assuming an editor did half of job using .new01 source clips?
2) in AAF (assuming the sequence is assembled from files with original names?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Get rid of 'new.01' suffix? MC7
on Jan 19, 2016 at 8:24:14 pm

Typically conform is done via values found in TAPE or SOURCE FILE coming from Avid. This is what Resolve will look to first and have it match what is defined in REEL. the .new01 is because they consolidated the sequence before sending out and the clips get the appendix. Are you conforming to camera originals or Avid MXF media?

Michael

Return to posts index

Max Chernyaev
on Jan 19, 2016 at 9:11:03 pm

Thanks for reply, Michael!
I am conforming camera originals in Resolve, having AAF assembled from proxy media (that have source reel names correct).
I just checked the Media Composer sequences and they look to be assembled from the clips with correct (original) file names.
That makes me think .new01 is added during AAF creation.
Did I get you right that the editor should avoid consolidating media during AAF creation and that will make file names appear correct in AAF?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 20, 2016 at 12:23:31 am

The REEL column in Resolve is using the embedded 8 character version of the file name and Media Composer is most likely using the full file name so there is no match. In Resolve settings look for conform assist and check use clip's filename as seen here:

Michael

Return to posts index

Max Chernyaev
on Jan 20, 2016 at 3:46:28 pm

Thanks Michael,
looks like the issue with relink solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]