FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveforms keep disappearing from timeline view

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Greutert
Waveforms keep disappearing from timeline view
on Jan 16, 2016 at 6:07:16 pm

I am using Media composer 8.4.5 on a Macbook Pro, and find that my timeline view loses the ability to display the waveform after increasingly short periods of time, and never gets it back. It's very frustrating: I'll see the waveforms suddenly disappear while editing, I make sure that I'm still displaying waveforms in that timeline view, I'll switch to another view that shows waveforms and see that it's still working, then go back to my original view and the waveforms are still gone, even after a full composer restart, toggline all settings, changing sequence, etc.

I have a very specific view with Aud 1-4 big where I keep losing it, and it takes a few minutes to recreate the view each time this happens. And now I find it happens less than a minute after resuming editing with the new view.

MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Mid 2014

2.8 ghx Intel Core i7

16 BG 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

2TB USB 3 media drive

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Waveforms keep disappearing from timeline view
on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:06:39 pm

Are you using timeline view of waveforms or the track based ones available on each track? You may have a waveform cache issue - you could try deleting the contents of that folder in the project folder and letting them rebuild and see what happens.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]