FORUMS: list search recent posts

titles and subtitles in 2k 2048x858 project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludmil Kazakov
titles and subtitles in 2k 2048x858 project
on Jan 11, 2016 at 11:17:21 pm

So i have a project, edited movie and its in 2k. now i am being asked to do subtitles for the entire movie and avid is asking me to use newblue titler pro??? WHY!!!! i got the 2.0 trial version and this looks complicated and hard.. any recommendation on how i should handle this? i also can't just select in and out and add the filter within those points.. looks like i have to drag the plug in to a video track.. and it occupies the entire track length.. hmmm.. HELP!!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: titles and subtitles in 2k 2048x858 project
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:36:40 am

Any reason to not use the SubCAP effect for the subtitles? One recent advantage of NewBlue is they can be conformed in Resolve.

But I agree that overall, losing the title tool for 2K+ is not helpful.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ludmil Kazakov
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:38:29 am

so how do i make a new title for the 2k project.. in 1080 i just make the titles, they are separate files and then drag them in.. whats the work flow with this..

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:45:36 am

On a film I did, I applied the subcap effect to the top track, showed waveform for dialogue track, then marked IN-OUT for silent spans leaving blank subcap effects where there is voice activity. SubCap effect offers track based fonts, size, color, lines, etc. Advnatage is the ability to export as STL or DS Caption file. The latter isues to parse for the language deliverable.

There are also several subtitling tools you can use to create subtitle files which are more optimized for subtitle files. I was just playing with Jubler a few hours ago to time based conversions of a subtitle file.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]