FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects to Avid workflow w Stills?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marissa Gouverne
After Effects to Avid workflow w Stills?
on Jan 6, 2016 at 4:31:05 pm

Hello there,

We've been having tech issues regarding our stills for quite a while, so we're outsourcing to After Effects and then looping stills back into Avid from that.

Working with a 1080p 29.97 project in Avid, and I have a huge number of high quality stills to export through After Effects, some that move and some that don't.

I'm trying to figure out what export settings to use in media encoder though. I'm trying to find something that's not a huge file size but still in the project quality. MXF's seem to be too large, but for some reason Avid wouldn't import the quicktimes I exported from AE either. Does anyone have some advice?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: After Effects to Avid workflow w Stills?
on Jan 6, 2016 at 5:55:00 pm

I always export as DNxHD 145 or 175 QT files. And then AMA link and consolidate into Avid. HUGE? Well, biggish, yeah. If you want high quality that's what you do. BUT, if the stills don't have any moves, I wouldn't recommend After Effects. Just use Avid's PAN & ZOOM to link to the full res pictures. Position how you want them on the screen and go with that. Takes up as much space as the photo, and a render in Avid does...not much

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]