FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio volume keyframes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xaver Cendar
Audio volume keyframes
on Dec 17, 2015 at 11:15:58 am

Hi,
I need help. Is there any chance to change volume of two mono tracks in mc 8+ at once without stupid lassoing or in out marking. We just went from news cutter to MC and our editors need simple and fast volume changing option. The speed is everything here so please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
Xaver

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Audio volume keyframes
on Dec 17, 2015 at 7:48:14 pm

That's how it works now. I hate it too. Use stereo tracks is the response I got when I brought it up in another thread

Return to posts index

Phil Lowe
on Dec 18, 2015 at 9:00:29 am

I've always used the audio mixer and ganged the tracks I want to adjust. Never used rubber-banding (never liked it).

Select your audio tracks. Place the timeline indicator where you want the changes made and gang the selected tracks on the audio mixer (literally only takes a second.) Now, when you drag the slider on one, the other(s) will follow. If you prefer keypunching in a value, changing one will change the other(s). This method was always faster for me than trying to drag a tiny slider around on the clip.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 18, 2015 at 7:02:44 pm

If you want to use the mixer with keyframes (rubberbanding), set it to auto (automation gain) and then use gang like Phil suggested. I still prefer the old behavior and would love to have it back.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 20, 2015 at 6:19:27 pm

I also, never use the rubber band method.

I go to the point in a track where I want to adjust the volume, (Doesn't matter if its mono or stereo track) and I do an add edit.

So visually, If I were cutting news, I can see on track 1 where the voices are lining up. On my music/ambience track I would add edits around those voices, basically razoring up my music/ambience track into multiple edits. Now at each edit I can decide if it needs to be louder or quieter, and make the adjustment with the mixer. Add a dissolve at each edit point to smooth out the transition.

I do have the Artist control, and used to have an audio board that would allow me to go into live mix mode, but for the most part, I find this just as fast. Very easy to make adjustments as well.

If you've gone through the whole piece and decide that the ambience/music track as a whole is still a bit too loud, you can do an "adjust levels/pan on track" to increase or decrease by a couple of db overall.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]