FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using both title tool and a matte wipe (to have text wipe on with a strap)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
Using both title tool and a matte wipe (to have text wipe on with a strap)
on Dec 11, 2015 at 1:21:24 pm

Hi, I have a graphic strap (lower third) and also an animated matte which i'd like to use to animate my text with (so the text wipes on as if it's part of the strap, rather than have the strap wipe on and then the text fade in on top). What i need to do is pretty straight forward in FCP but has anyone managed this in avid?

I have an awkward work around which involves copying layers and inverting the matte so the bg layer is actually on top and has a hole wiping out of it but this is a long winded way of doing something that should be a cut and paste job..

I can also imagine a scenario where you have to copy out the title tools generated matte to combine it with the animated matte before using that on the title tools fill (or i suppose any fill will do) but i've not gone down that road yet, and this would still be quite a tedious way of doing it

Can't seem to find a solution anywhere to this specific problem

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Using both title tool and a matte wipe (to have text wipe on with a strap)
on Dec 24, 2015 at 4:48:10 pm

You are saying your lower third bar has an alpha channel,which causes it to wipe on, but the text is being created inside Avid?

You also have a separate movie which is basically the matte shape being used for the wipe.

If so, you may be overthinking this.

BG video on track 1
"strap" on track 2
title on track 3
matte shape on track 4. Apply a matte key effect to track 4, which you may have to invert.

Glenn

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: Using both title tool and a matte wipe (to have text wipe on with a strap)
on Jan 5, 2016 at 5:23:10 pm

ha you're right, simpler than i thought, thanks!

(now I just need to figure out how to animate both those layers sliding into vision without taking the background video layer with it...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]