FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downgrade from El Cap to Yosemite - lost majority of AMA links

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Wood
Downgrade from El Cap to Yosemite - lost majority of AMA links
on Dec 9, 2015 at 4:23:08 pm

Hello,

I stupidly upgraded my iMac without realising - checking - if El Capitan works with AMC. Of course, it doesn't. I don't use Time Machine but have managed to downgrade my OS to Yosemite 10.10.5.

I've been working on a project for the last six months and work from Shared Project files. Sadly, the downgrade, or as a result of a mistake I've made, has resulted in my losing virtually a whole bin's worth of AMA links.

As I transcode all my clips, not just select ones, onto DNx 120, all is not lost as the sequences etc seem to be fine as I only edit / clip / name etc from transcodes.

However, should I be worried about losing a lot my AMA links?

It's my first project which I need to commercially deliver and I'm a bit concerned that I've f'd things up for the editor.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Downgrade from El Cap to Yosemite - lost majority of AMA links
on Dec 10, 2015 at 5:15:32 am

Just link the files again.

Return to posts index

Phillip Wood
on Dec 10, 2015 at 4:51:00 pm

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the comment, I did try that but it doesn't want to relink or upload any new AMA links, weird.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 13, 2015 at 6:39:55 am

if the links don't automatically get replaced when you do a new link, make sure you check your settings page, under link, and turn on the "if this volume has previously been linked" button.

If it still doesn't work, try creating a new bin, and linking to the files. Those links should also replace your original links, but in the end, you should be able to make new links, and delete the original links...they are after all, just links. Doesn't really matter if they are links you did 6 months ago, or links you did today.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]