FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting AMA and working offline... best codex to work with?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludmil Kazakov
converting AMA and working offline... best codex to work with?
on Nov 12, 2015 at 6:58:46 pm

i need to convert a movie.. it has all sort of different format footage.. different resolutions too.

should i convert it to pro res HQ? or anything else? we have 26TB of other footage that is AMA and the computer is working really slow with AMA..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: converting AMA and working offline... best codex to work with?
on Nov 12, 2015 at 7:37:27 pm

DNxHD is the Avid codec that's most native. DNxHD 175, or 145...depending on your frame size and frame rate. ProRes is an option, for sure...those are native now to Avid too, but DNxHD is the codec Avid developed.

If you want an offline/online workflow, there are lower resolutions, like DNx36. Edit that, and relink via AMA to the masters when you are done cutting.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ludmil Kazakov
on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:55:11 pm

ok.. thanks.. i got 2 avid systems.. when i connect external drive to the 2nd edit bay it sees it when i want to transcode.. and when i do it to the main edit it doesn't.. any ideas?

i want to transcode it to external drive..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:37:50 pm

Are these identical versions of the Avid software? Do they all have the same AMA plugins? Make sure that you have the most current AMA plugins installed.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ludmil Kazakov
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:52:12 pm

absolutely.. we were 2 editors working on mirrored drives.. i can export out of one to external drive.. but not from the other... whyyy

Return to posts index

Greg Cohan
on Nov 13, 2015 at 6:28:36 pm

First things I would check is...

1) Read/write access from the drive not working
2) Just checking you are not trying to access the same drive from 2 avid at one time (can't do that)
3) Space... You need enough space on the drive you are going to and the drive you are coming from. avid will cache media on the drive you are coming from so if there is not enough head room it doesn't work.
4) I just ran into the same sort of problem. On the system that would not go we had a bunch of HDD's hooked up to it. When I disconnect everything but the necessary drives it all started working fine. No Idea why but worth noting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]