FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Support & Renewal Info

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marianna Montague
Avid Support & Renewal Info
on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:07:33 pm

As some of you know, I haven't been around for the past month or more as I broke my leg ( actually my dog broke it but we won't go there ...... ) but I plan to be back on Wed 11/11. I just got this news in my email so I thought it would be a good idea to pass along now rather than later. Also, I am trying to prevent getting hammered with emails and PM's come the end of the year.

Read on...... and should there be any questions, I will be around tomorrow to answer.

If any of you purchased an Avid Upgrade & Support plan last year, your plan is most likely coming up for renewal. Please don't forget to renew..... you do get a slight 30- day grace period after it expires but don't wait till the last minute and bombard me with emails and posts smile emoticon Remember, if your annual Media Composer upgrade & support plan expires, you could end up paying a lot more down the line **

Feel free to pass this notice on if you have any Avid friends or colleagues whose plan may be up for renewal yet opted out of messages or isn't online. I get hit a lot by peeps who are just not aware.

As I have said many times ( broken record that I am )...... anyone can check their expiration date in their Avid Master Account or Application Manager. There is a 30-day grace period after expiration as I mentioned above. You can renew through your reseller, or through your Avid Master Account. You can renew manually, or confirm that auto-renew is on and that your billing information (in the form of a credit card) is correct and was provided at purchase from Avid. Renewing extends your plan by a full year from the current expiration date, so it is a good idea to renew now and you won’t need to worry about the plan expiring. Plus it isn't that expensive at all and ensures support, upgrades.

Get more info on: http://www.avidblogs.com/renew-your-media-composer-plan-to-stay-current/

Thanks all - jut don't want anyone caught outside of the renewal window.

Marianna

** If you decide NOT to renew your upgrade & support plan for your Media Composer perpetual license, you can still continue using Media Composer (you own it) at the last version update prior to expiration of the plan. However, the license will become non-upgradable. Also it will become harder to report issues and have them looked at as we only go back a release or 2 for support so best to stay current. Should you decide you want new features later on, you will need to purchase a new perpetual license or start a subscription.

Marianna Montague
marianna.montgue@avid.com
813-493-6800

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]