FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted DNXHD file, need to repair!!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Northcott
Corrupted DNXHD file, need to repair!!
on Nov 9, 2015 at 4:40:03 pm

Hey guys, first post here and it's a problem. I was filming over the weekend for our doc series on a C100 mk1 and Ninja Blade set to DNXHD 220x. Everything was going just fine until I brought the files over into Avid and they wouldn't link. Getting a 'corrupted file' error. So I open up the files in VLC, and lo and behold I am getting some very strange horizontal colour artifacts. Almost like a bad record head look on a tape, but very colourful and obviously a digital corruption. It just keeps getting worse and worse as the clip progresses as well.
I absolutely need this footage to work, has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea if it is repairable? The footage is indeed there (according to VLC), but I can't get it to actually play back on any of our NLE's.

Pic is attached, check it out.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: Corrupted DNXHD file, need to repair!!
on Nov 10, 2015 at 9:47:08 pm

Are the camera originals OK? Assuming you are working off of copies, I would open the camera originals in Resolve and see what they look like.

Hope you fix the issue,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelancer
http://www.infohou.com
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Ryan Northcott
Re: Corrupted DNXHD file, need to repair!!
on Nov 10, 2015 at 9:49:14 pm

Stupidly I did not record internally as everything seemed to be functioning fine. The C100 is crippled by such a low bitrate that we use DNxHD files from the Ninja pretty much exclusively.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]