FORUMS: list search recent posts

installing MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto ferrigno
installing MC6
on Nov 6, 2015 at 1:05:36 am

I just installed the MC6 (box , no dongle)i bought in Amazon, although includes serial numbers for Avid FX, Avid DVD and Sorenson i was not able to find them in the files installed, is this normal?, why include serial numbers for programs yhat are not included with avid composer?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: installing MC6
on Nov 6, 2015 at 1:25:07 am

I'm trying to remember that one....the installer for it. I know that most earlier versions had all the software in a small book of CDs. Avid was one of them, and then Squeeze was another, AvidFX another. DVD software for PC folks....a few others. But I'm not sure that all came with MC6. I'm sure that was with MC 4 and 5.5. Did this only come with that one installer disc? Was this an open box?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

alberto ferrigno
on Nov 6, 2015 at 5:31:37 am

Yes, it was only one installing disc. Is there an email i can contact avid?, am beginning to suspect i got ripped off. I have found only phone numbers in their site but i live in México and is gonna cost me calling them and wait 10 minutes until someone other than a recording talk to me.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Nov 6, 2015 at 11:35:15 am

With SN for programs, I believe you can download most if not all from Avid but you must create a Master Account. When logged into Master account there are many downloads available. Sorenson may be the exception and you may need to go to their website, again, probably need to setup account with them. I know when using Sorenson and getting the free MP3 codec that I must log in to the Sorenson account to get it.

I reserve the right to be wrong!

Ricky

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 6, 2015 at 2:54:28 pm

Well, you can download CURRENT versions of those apps, not the versions that shipped with MC 6. And the serial numbers will only work with those versions.

I've tried researching what came with MC 6 in the box and I can't find anything on it. That version was the first I downloaded, so I didn't get the box installer. It might have come with serial numbers for those softwares, but they might have been download only. I'd contact the makers of THAT software to see what solution they offer.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

alberto ferrigno
on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:57:27 pm

Thank for your info, both of you.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 6, 2015 at 9:59:53 pm

You download them from the avid download center. Set up your account at avid.com if you have not done so.

Return to posts index

alberto ferrigno
on Nov 8, 2015 at 4:39:59 pm

Oh, thanks ¡¡

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]