FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to resume transcoding or skip already-transcoded files?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Arndt
Any way to resume transcoding or skip already-transcoded files?
on Nov 5, 2015 at 7:39:31 pm

In Media Composer 8.4, I'm trying to find a way in which to "resume" a transcoding session that has been interrupted, either due to an error in the program or if I manually stop the transcode.

The files are AMA-linked .MOV or .MTS files, and I have dragged approximately 3,000 of them into a bin, selected them all, and have begun the transcode process.

When the process gets interrupted, all of the files that have been transcoded have a .new.01 entry within the bin. So if abc.mts was transcoded, I would have an entry for abc and for abc.new.01.

When I want to "resume" the transcode, though, I have to manually deselect the already-transcoded files (abc and abc.new.01 in this example) in order to avoid them being transcoded a second time.

I've been doing this by hand, but it is very time-consuming when dealing with a lot of files, because I have to skim through the entire bin to see which files have been transcoded and then deselect them.

Can anybody suggest a better way to approach this? If Media Composer had some option to skip files or a better way to select only the files that have been transcoded, that would be really helpful.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Any way to resume transcoding or skip already-transcoded files?
on Nov 7, 2015 at 2:07:51 am

I haven't really thought about the transcode order before...is avid not doing them alphabetically.
If you sort your bin by name I would have thought you end up with a bunch of clips alternating between links and transcodes...until eventually there is nothing but link icons.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]