Exporting AAF - Insufficient space

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olaf Steel
Exporting AAF - Insufficient space
on Nov 5, 2015 at 7:26:20 pm
Last Edited By Olaf Steel on Nov 5, 2015 at 7:52:40 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to export an AAF of the audio from a 90 min feature from Avid MC7. When I try to export, I get the following error message:
"Insufficient space for a file of 8203175K on any selected volume."

Here is a screenshot of the export settings I've chosen:

First of all, I'm exporting to a drive that has 1TB of free space. Secondly an AAF with that much audio shouldn't be much bigger than 3GB. SO what's going on here? It can't be a drive space issue as the error message is saying. I've also tried exporting to my desktop with 100GB of free space. No dice.
As far as I know these are the exact same settings I used last year when exporting an AAF for a similar project, though it would have been on Avid MC6.

I've scoured the web for help with this and tried the suggestions, but so far nothing has worked. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: Exporting AAF - Insufficient space
on Nov 6, 2015 at 11:44:02 am

try to don't embedded audio in the aaf file, instead use a folder for the media.

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Olaf Steel
Re: Exporting AAF - Insufficient space
on Nov 6, 2015 at 3:31:30 pm

I figured it out. There has to be enough free space on ALL drives, including the SOURCE drives, which are used to cache the files as Avid makes the AAF file.
I was originally only thinking Avid was referring to the destination drive, so it took a lot of trial and error to figure that one out. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but there it is. In this case I had to free up 8GB on all drives containing Avid media used in the sequence I was making an AAF from.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]