FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt MXF file giving transcoding error: SWDC_CodecInterface_Task:Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : []"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Arndt
Corrupt MXF file giving transcoding error: SWDC_CodecInterface_Task:Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : []"
on Nov 2, 2015 at 6:02:17 pm

I'm having an issue transcoding a DNxHD 115 MXF file down to DNxHD 36. The transcoding stops, and I get a message saying "SWDC_CodecInterface_Task:Execute()
CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : []"

Looking in the Media Composer console window, I see:

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE, className:SWDC_CodecInterface_Task, methodName:Execute, mDecodeResult:2
FileDebugDump - bad sample(in clip): 309, (in sequence): 309, length: 606208 bytes, starting offset: 0x000000000B304000 in file: C:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1\MVI_7863V01.534573053457306.mxf

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception Exception: std::exception, what:CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE raised Quiescing in the exception handlerException:
@ Mon Nov 02 11:43:55 2015
* SWDC_CodecInterface_Task::Execute()
CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : []
Decode frame failed.
CChannel: error: CMError_Codec, function CChannel::Execute, line 284, internal codec error string: HDCODEC Error in Huffman Decode

DecodeFrame error: HDCODEC Error in Huffman Decode

----

This happens on two different PCs with two different versions of Media Composer (8.4 and 6.0).

The MXF file plays in VLC Media Player, however I notice right around the time in the video that the transcode fails, there is a "blip" in the video. I managed to grab a screenshot of the offending frame.

This would lead me to believe that the MXF file is corrupt in some way, which is why Media Composer is choking up on it.

The crazy thing is, Media Composer is what we used to create this DNxHD 115 file in the first place. So if it is indeed a corrupt MXF file, it seems like Media Composer must have somehow created it?

Has anybody seen anything like this? Or do you have any idea what could be done to either "repair" the clip or make Media Composer transcode it anyway?

I know I can re-import from the original file (assuming the original file is not corrupt), but it would be great to avoid having to do that, since I'm trying to batch transcode a lot of files from 115 down to 36.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]