FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid FX question regarding slow motion

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Machulsky
Avid FX question regarding slow motion
on Oct 29, 2015 at 2:40:37 pm

So i'm a college student learning avid with the hopes to one day be an editor.. i've been watching a ton of videos to learn as much as I can but i've hit a bump in the road! I'm trying to transcribe an interview that was shot on a Sony EX1... i exported the footage from XDCAMBrowser to mxf files so that they could be read and edited in Avid..

My transcription software (Inqscribe) does not read MXF formats so I have to transcribe outside of the program. I'm trying to play my footage in avid in slow motion so that I can type away into a txt file to transcribe... BUT i'm not realizing that MC 8 does not come with the FX editor options installed... (which I think is a terrible feature if that is the only area to apply effects)

Can anyone help me out with this?!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid FX question regarding slow motion
on Oct 31, 2015 at 4:44:51 pm

Avid does come with a full slate of built in fx installed. Slo motion (video) typically does not put the audio into slo motion as well. you would have to apply an audio fx, and possibly render it out for that to take place. (i'm assuming you are thinking of just hitting play, and typing away?

What type of files does your preferred system recognize? Just quicktimes? It reads proper timecode off the quicktimes?

You might be able to batch export quicktimes out of Avid to match what you need.
Just thinking about timecode here...you may need to set up each series of clips with its own sequence, and have the sequence time match the timecodes of the clips that are playing back inside it, as I don't think you can export a quicktime out of Avid, and have it match the source quicktime.

Another option would be to change the timecode of the quicktimes after the fact, to match the original clips.There is a program called QTChange that would allow you to do that.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]