FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switch Project from Premiere to Avid or just use Premiere for the first time ever?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Switch Project from Premiere to Avid or just use Premiere for the first time ever?
on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:37:22 pm

How big a pain is it to transfer an Adobe Premiere project over to Avid MC? There is already a rough cut done.

Probably easier to just learn Premiere I would think, right? I've never used it or even seen it up close. I hear there have been sightings in the wild though. ;)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Switch Project from Premiere to Avid or just use Premiere for the first time ever?
on Oct 26, 2015 at 11:02:25 pm

[Nina Lucia] "How big a pain is it to transfer an Adobe Premiere project over to Avid MC?"

Huge. Because you can't convert projects...only sequences. You'd have to reimport everything, and redo all of the project organization. Depending on how large this project is, it can take days, or weeks. Basically as long as it took to set up the other project...because you'll basically be doing it again.

[Nina Lucia] "There is already a rough cut done."

Then don't do it.

[Nina Lucia] "Probably easier to just learn Premiere I would think, right? "

Yup. Ever use FCP? It's more akin to that. Still, basic editing is all the same.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Switch Project from Premiere to Avid or just use Premiere for the first time ever?
on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:19:46 am

Thanks Shane. Figured as much.

I have used FCP7, much prefer Avid, but hey, I feel that I need to learn Premiere at this point anyway and would like to get familiar with it, so we'll see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]