FORUMS: list search recent posts

In/Out points zoomed in Source and Record Monitors MC 8.4.2

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hillary Demmon
In/Out points zoomed in Source and Record Monitors MC 8.4.2
on Oct 14, 2015 at 6:59:46 pm

I just upgraded to MC 8.4.2 from 7.0.3, and I'm having a weird problem. Any time I'm paused and my playhead is on the first or last frame of a clip, or on an IN or OUT point, everything in my record monitor or source monitor is zoomed in. If I move a frame away, everything is normal.

See images for an example of this in the source monitor.

Playhead on IN point.

Playhead 1 frame over from IN point.

It's been like this since I upgraded, and I feel like I'm missing some box to check or button to press to make this go away. Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
Re: In/Out points zoomed in Source and Record Monitors MC 8.4.2
on Oct 16, 2015 at 1:25:30 am

That is weird. I can see by the lack of any cogwheel above the timeline that you aren't using any kind i/o for a TV or broadcast monitor so it my first guess that it would be related the i/o card probably won't apply.

From the screenshot there doesn't seem to be any automatically applied frame flex effects or anything. The only thing I can think of is that is plugins perhaps.

Since you just performed the upgrade, how 'clean' was it? Did you bring the footage in by AMA linking and then consolidating? If so, perhaps there is a manufacturers AMA plugin at work that's playing up and if that's the case, perhaps the plugin for that particular footage type would need to be removed completely and reinstalled for the appropriate MC version. Aside from that, perhaps this is still somehow related to how the installation was performed. Do you know and are you sure that the previous Avid version was totally uninstalled prior to installing the current one?

Return to posts index

Hillary Demmon
on Oct 16, 2015 at 2:45:24 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. I just did a clean uninstall and reinstall of 8.4.2 to see if that would help, but I'm still encountering this same issue. I'm going to attempt to check into the AMA plugin and see what I can do there.

It's such a weird problem, and it's proving to be quite the nuisance while trying to work.

Return to posts index

Hillary Demmon
on Oct 16, 2015 at 6:24:03 pm

Thought I'd update on this in case anyone else encounters this issue. I called Avid support. They were able to reproduce the issue, and after trying a couple things on both our ends, determined that we'd found a bug.

I'm using an iMac Retina 5k with a secondary Samsung display attached via Thunderbolt. The current workaround is to make the secondary display the primary display, keeping the timeline and source and record monitors off the iMac. Not what I wanted to hear, but there's at least a workaround for now.

I'm going to try downgrading to another version and see if the bug is present in earlier versions of MC8. I'll post here again if Avid happens to make progress on the bug.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]