FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio playback issues from C100 DNX120 in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine Duthie
Audio playback issues from C100 DNX120 in AVID
on Oct 12, 2015 at 9:57:10 am

Hi all,

I've transcoded about 10 hours of C100 50i, 25fps footage to DNx120 via AMA linked AVCHD (folder). The transcoded footage is put into 2 or 3 hour sequences with additional .wav 48000 audio from a Zoom H2(imported to MC), put through PluralEyes 3.5 and I've just started checking the sync/manually syncing. After scrubbing through the footage for a few minutes the audio would would randomly stop playing though there were waveforms showing. And when playing back from the same spot multiple times I would hear the correct audio about once for every four playbacks. This is occurring all through my sequences.

Any help greatly appreciated! I haven't worked with C100's much, maybe there's a safer way to transcode it than MC?

MC 8.3
Mac

Return to posts index

Greg Cohan
Re: Audio playback issues from C100 DNX120 in AVID
on Oct 22, 2015 at 12:19:54 am

Not knowing specifically what your issue is there are 3 things I do when audio goes stupid.

1) Restart - if that doesn't fix
2) turn off hardware (spoke like button on the top rightish of the timeline) then turn it back on. This almost always fixes the issue for me. - if that doesn't work
3) If on Nitris DX I will unseat the PCI connection on both the Nitris and the cpu. Then plug them back in.

This usual solves the random audio play issues I have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]