FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and Alpha Channels / Graphics

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cecilia Scholtz
Avid and Alpha Channels / Graphics
on Oct 10, 2015 at 8:08:47 pm

Hi

Was hoping someone could shine some light on this issue we are having. We've tried a lot of different import/export setting but still nothing...

* Just a note, I am new to Avid MC, mainly edit on PP :)

The motion designer is giving me titles, straps and intro's from After effects (cc 2015) as Alpha Channel .mov (animation codec). We've tried both the straight and Premultiplied option & millions of colors when exporting and tried both importing and ama linking the titles into Avid they come out extremely pixelated. Both projects, AE & Avid share the same project settings.

If anyone has an idea of how I can approach the graphics, either going out from AE or coming into Avid in another way to get rid of the pixelation.

Thanks so much in advance for any info/help :)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid and Alpha Channels / Graphics
on Oct 11, 2015 at 6:50:29 pm

should work. Double check the quicktimes he is outputting. If you open them in quicktime player, or even back in After effects, they look OK and are the correct size?

Your import settings are set to the correct size?

Pixelated could mean Avid is blowing up the file to fit the rastor size.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Cecilia Scholtz
on Oct 12, 2015 at 12:17:40 pm

Hi Glen

Thanks for the reply.

We got it sorted, the stupid's of mistakes but all I had to do was adjust the quality at the bottom, it was on half so once on full it displays correctly!

Just need to get use to Avid :)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:08:53 pm

Ok, good. Thats just the viewer settings for within Avid. It helps if your system is having trouble playing through footage or effects.

Had you output a file from within Avid, everything would have looked fine.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]