FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird duration issue when Multi-Grouping Subclips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Lopez
Weird duration issue when Multi-Grouping Subclips
on Oct 9, 2015 at 8:06:33 pm

So I've gone through and created my stack, I am dealing with two cameras and one production audio source. Once I subclip the clips out, I notice that the durations on some of the clips (could be either camera, or the audio, with no rhyme or reason) are about one frame off from the others. I know sometimes it has to do with the tape names (both cameras have tape names and so does the Audio) but this seems strange. I've tried to rebuild the sequence and try subcliping again, to the same results. Any ideas of what may be causing this or how to fix this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Weird duration issue when Multi-Grouping Subclips
on Oct 10, 2015 at 4:21:20 pm

Could you include a sceenshot that shows the column names? Also, are all the clips of the same frame rate?

Michael

Return to posts index

Jose Lopez
Re: Weird duration issue when Multi-Grouping Subclips
on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:56:13 pm

Actually, I discovered the issue. As I investigated I discovered that the footage seemed to be dropping frames randomly, sometimes the 7th frame, sometimes the 4th frame, it was never consistent. Turns out both cameras and the audio were being fed timecode from a lockbox, and I am now certain that the lockbox was spitting out bad timecode. The only solution I've come up with is to create all new masters with correct timecode now. I did a test Export and it worked when I brought it into the system (the timecode was fine). But now I have to create new masters and wondering what codec to use to export new quicktime masters. Any ideas? (This is originally C300 footage)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]