FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox MX02 Mini

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Matrox MX02 Mini
on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:37:14 am

The Matrox Mini MX02 is very good - I use it for screen monitoring and surround sound production but I often have to restart Avid 8 once or twice for it to pick up its driver. This happens after starting the PC, if I switch the HDMI amplifier away from the Matrox HDMI channel but also randomly after half an hour or more of usage.

Can any kind person shed any light on this?

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Matrox MX02 Mini
on Oct 7, 2015 at 11:02:41 am

I had the MXO2 mini for many years, but, gave up on it several years ago. It was consistently problemmatic with Avid software.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Oct 7, 2015 at 11:34:06 am

Thanks, Bill. Have you found a suitable hardware replacement or are you just using the software?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 7, 2015 at 5:02:01 pm

Yeah, I have one two, sitting in a drawer. It was great while it lasted, but drivers for Avid (I used it mainly with FCP 7), while good at first, started lagging behind and every new version of OS or AVid and it got worse. It is very solid with MC 5.5, and a bit with 6.5...but after that I had issues. So now I have an AJA IoXT. The TTAP is also good

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Oct 8, 2015 at 11:44:57 am

Dave,
I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that both the AJA IO4K and the brand new BMD Ultrastudio Extreme 4K(DNxIO) work very well. The bad news is that these are very expensive. If you're on a budget, the BMD mini-monitor works pretty good for HD, only.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Oct 8, 2015 at 11:54:50 am

Thank you both for your comments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]