FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow for tracking archival media in Avid?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sue Resnick
Workflow for tracking archival media in Avid?
on Oct 6, 2015 at 8:35:26 pm

I want to use Avid to manage archival clips (eg, which clips still need rights clearance and which ones were grabbed from youtube and need to be replaced) in an archive-based documentary. I need this kind of data that I'm adding to stay with the clips as the cut continues to be edited and changed each day.

Any ideas would be most welcome!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Workflow for tracking archival media in Avid?
on Oct 7, 2015 at 12:09:02 am

I am in the alpha stages of a reporting app that is a drag and drop of an AAF file that generates a Tab or CSV file to be used in Excel. As long as you track the where the sources are from in a column you create, you will be able to generate these types of report.

It is an update to the reporting app side of my solution for music tracking as seen here: http://www.mus-id.com/

I'll post an update here when it's ready.

Michael

Return to posts index

Sue Resnick
on Oct 7, 2015 at 12:14:49 am

That sound great...hope it's ready soon!

Return to posts index

Greg Cohan
on Oct 7, 2015 at 10:14:51 pm

Michael I have been eagerly awaiting you to write this for years...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 7, 2015 at 10:27:41 pm

There are times I wish I could write code! I am designing the product and the solution with an engineer friend of mine who does the hard work. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Oct 8, 2015 at 6:05:47 pm

So it's kinda like Sequence Clip Reporter/Producer's Best Friend from Philip and Greg but for Avid? That would be awesome. My work around has been to export an AAF from Avid, import it into Premiere Pro, export an XML from Premiere Pro and import that XML into Sequence Clip Reporter to generate the spreadsheet.

Works, but a one step solution would be much preferred.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 8, 2015 at 6:13:08 pm

Yup, Andrew, that's what I do to. Just wish Philip and Greg would make it for Avid...but they say we aren't a profitable enough market...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 8, 2015 at 6:19:02 pm

In theory yes, I need to get more familiar with Philip and Greg's application to give a more accurate answer. At quick glance, close. Right now it is about clip and source reporting based on specific columns you want to track and a list of their IN, OUT and DURATION in a ready to do spreadsheet format. There is no real UI other than drag and drop. I am adding a template concept with this newer version when ready.

And yes, there is not a lot of money here - I have yet to break even on the mus.iD version. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]