FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to remove color correction from clips in Avid Project, details inside

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Phillips
Need to remove color correction from clips in Avid Project, details inside
on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:28:03 am

Hey guys what's up, brand new to the community although have been lurking for awhile. Would still consider me fairly new to the avid workflow so bear with me if I don't give enough info or don't explain something clearly.

I have 4K 'ProRes RAW 422 HQ' files from a Sony Fs7 that I passed through Davinci which output them to Dnxhd 36 with ARRI LUTs on them. I consolidated these files from my Avid project. I now need to take off all of the LUTs from the clips and just have them raw. Are my currently edited sequences stuck in with the LUTs? Can I do this through Avid? Will I have to mess with the unlink feature?

Pretty lost here and have been troubleshooting this for awhile. Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Return to posts index

raj singh
Re: Need to remove color correction from clips in Avid Project, details inside
on Oct 5, 2015 at 11:02:43 am

in the bin right click on the clips > source settings

from there you can see the color management settings where you can remove any LUTS, but it sounds to me like you have baked in the color look in to the file, which means you cannot remove it.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 5, 2015 at 12:55:22 pm

It does indeed sound like you baked in the LUT during the transcode to DNxHD 36 in Resolve. You could have chosen to keep the file in their original LOG format when transcoding and applying the LUT as metadata within MC, but that is something to consider for next time.

For now, your only option to get back to camera originals is to relink or do a conform back in Resolve.

Also a side note that ProRes is not RAW. Many people refer to their camera original as RAW, but it can be misleading and really changes the workflow were the camera originals truly a RAW format. Especially with ARRI that offers ProRes, DNxHD and RAW. Other cameras like Red, Sony, etc. also have RAW formats.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mike Phillips
on Oct 5, 2015 at 2:17:19 pm

Thanks for the replies. What would be the proper workflow for relinking all the clips properly? Should I delete the media files I have and then conform again in resolve? I want to do this right so I do not have to sync audio/label clips and lose all my sequences.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 5, 2015 at 2:52:18 pm

I would just finish the edit as you have it, then conform in Resolve for finish. Export AAF and have it link to the camera originals found in the Media Pool.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mike Phillips
on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:09:12 pm

I would do this but the producers are asking me that I do this now for the rough cuts. Do I have to delete the old media and then put in the new in the same spot? Very lost here and can't seem to find a workflow that replaces all the media on the project.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:20:12 pm

AMA link to the ProRes files and take your sequence(s) and use "relink to selected"If you want to replace all your sources with "LOG" media, that is another matter...

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:47:48 am

This is why i always keep my resolve transcode projects.

If you still have the one that was used to create the media, simply run it again, turning off the LUTs this time.

In Avid move your media offline by raising it up a level in the folder structure.

Move your newly created mxfs into its place. Avid should just continue on normally.

Once everything checks out, you can delete the original version of your 36 media.

If you need to do a relink instead, it should work pretty easily for you, as long as your media was created properly in Resolve (with proper reel names from the source name)

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]