FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best possible export settings to export video without loss of information?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Juig
Best possible export settings to export video without loss of information?
on Oct 4, 2015 at 9:52:06 am

Hello,

I have edited quite some project in Avid Media Composer and I will edit many more of them. However my disk space is running low and I have to delete some projects with its MXFs.

Therefore I would like to properly archive the videos that I made and export them so that little or no information is lost during the process.

Which export setting are the best for that? Same as source, highest quality? Also I wouldn't like my files to be extremely large.

So which export settings are the best for the best quality export, so that little or no video information is lost during the process?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Best possible export settings to export video without loss of information?
on Oct 4, 2015 at 1:29:28 pm

Are you wanting to archive a flattened finished program or enough of the sources (with handles) in order to bring back online and make some changes if needed. Also, I am assuming you are archiving off to different storage solution that your active media drives used in editorial?

Michael

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
on Oct 4, 2015 at 2:46:55 pm

I would just like to export the final edit. I won't be needing the source files in the future. Yes I will export it to a different storage.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 4, 2015 at 3:11:43 pm

Then do an export "Same as Source" which will be exactly what you have in your timeline. You can export directly to the target drive to be used for archive (hopefully more than one). If you want to avoid the whole QuickTime route, you can do an AMA export as MXF OPA1a as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

raj singh
on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:21:40 pm

yes same as source would be best and this will export the file to a quicktime wrapper file with your source codec, this also depends on your source codec what is it?

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:50:24 pm

Different projects are in different codecs. Okay so same as source or as mr. Phillips said AMA export.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]