FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio files go offline during transfer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Strachan
Audio files go offline during transfer
on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:05:30 am

Hi there,

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Couldn't seem to see anything the same.

Me and my colleague are working between two Avid's running V6 (full spec below). They are setup on local storage, so when we need to move things between them it's a case of copy to hard drive and move off.

I import audio rushes (standard WAV's) on my system, sync with DNX36 and then move off to the second system. I rename the Avid MediaFiles '1' folder to something similar to 'AA100' and then copy to hard drive, then copy to second machine.

Typically this has worked fine for us with no issues, but now I've copied a folder on and it wouldn't play audio. When I renamed the MXF folder to '1' forcing it to scan, it quarantined some of the audio files. I've tried copying them from my originals again and again using different drives and the second machine just won't co-operate with them.

Anyone got any suggestions of what I can try to get them working? I'm sure it must be an audio issue, as we've been running a while with no issues.

Thanks

Running Win 7 Pro. HP Z400 8gb ram, Intel Xeon 2.93ghz.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio files go offline during transfer
on Sep 29, 2015 at 5:15:33 pm

Make sure you don't have an OMFI folder on the original system...some audio still imports into that folder. I recently sent a project to someone and a lot of audio was offline, and it turned out to be in that folder. I sent the folder and it all came online again.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Strachan
Re: Audio files go offline during transfer
on Sep 29, 2015 at 5:54:37 pm

Thanks Shane, will check that out first thing in the morning.

It sounds possible though, some of the SFX we were given were OMFI's.

Will post back results.

Thanks

Tom Strachan

Video Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]