FORUMS: list search recent posts

Access Violation errors - 2 years of it

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter Kelly
Access Violation errors - 2 years of it
on Sep 25, 2015 at 6:21:26 pm

I've been working in the same edit suite for 2 years, I continually get access violation errors, forcing me to restart the computer (and lose work)
I work on dozens of short form videos every month, different projects, different footage.

I am currently on Media Composer V6.0.5.1
Footage is stored on an ISIS, which I connect to via:
Avid ISIS Client Manager V4.7.4.15820

Latest error message is

The situation in a nutshell is I'm one of a dozen editors in the building,
I'm the only editor having this issue, IT department is working with AVID tech support but has been unable to determine the cause.

I've created 4 Avid profiles, Had another 2 created by another editor (in case I was doing something wrong)
I've had 2 Isis client Manager profiles, and the computer has been completely replaced.
The common denominator is me.

I've been on Avid for 2.5 years, having spent 10+ years on FCP before that.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing to cause these?
They happen anywhere from once a week to several times a day,
I can't see a common action in my behaviour other then it tends to be when I am working inside the timeline itself (undoing, moving footage, inserting footage, etc) though not always, it has happened when changing the user profile.

When I use another edit suite in the building (rarely) the issues occur occasionally, but not nearly as often.

I'm at a complete loss, and open to any suggestions

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Access Violation errors - 2 years of it
on Sep 27, 2015 at 3:09:07 pm

Do you or the facility have a valid Avid support contract? Pretty much everyone has basic support, now that it's mandatory to receive software updates/patches. If so, you are entitled to tech support from Avid. They should be able to look at your crash logs and figure out what might be going wrong. Any advice you receive here would be conjecture. It's a very weird problem. For what it's worth, I have seen that error before on Windows occasionally, in a Unity environment, where one edit room would get it and another wouldn't. I think it's file permissions related, but never had time to get to the bottom of it.

Return to posts index

peter Kelly
Re: Access Violation errors - 2 years of it
on Sep 29, 2015 at 1:15:53 pm

We've got avid support, but its been a slow go of it as I need I.T. involved to explain the avid set up (I had nothing to do with setting it up, so I don't know it) and the computer is intentionally not connected to the internet.
Avid wants to remote in, and can't.

I know this is a very case sensitive situation with a poop ton of variables, so I'l continue to push I.T. to set something with avid.

Just very frustrating as I'm being assigned work well below my skill level because of this, so I'm not getting any better as an editor. (but that's neither here nor there, so I'll shut up about it)

Appreciate the response.
:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]