strange shift arrow keys behaviour in media composer 7.0.4 on mac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
strange shift arrow keys behaviour in media composer 7.0.4 on mac
on Sep 23, 2015 at 10:55:00 am

has anyone had this problem?

My typical situation;

While trying to find an audio cue I'm shift+arrowing forward and backward till I hear the beat/syllable/noise I’m after. If I release the arrow key (left or right) before releasing shift I have no problems, but if i do this the other way around (release shift before releasing left/right arrow key) the system decides what i’ve actually pressed is the “a” key (go to previous edit), often sending me back to the start of my 40’ timeline depending on what tracks are selected.

This is a real pain and happens about 50% of the time. If i make the “a” key blank in the keyboard settings this stops happening and i hear an error noise from the mac instead so obviously my work around at the moment is to remap the go to previous/next edit buttons but i’d love to know how to fix this and go back to my usual keyboard layout.

I opened up text edit to see if it’s system-wide but that is behaving normally (as i’d expect anyway)

It doesn’t help that this system is running software only (it’s slow going - composer v7.0.4). On OS X 10.8.5

Any help very welcome!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: strange shift arrow keys behaviour in media composer 7.0.4 on mac
on Sep 23, 2015 at 4:11:59 pm

what is mapped to your arrow left and right buttons?

Glenn

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: strange shift arrow keys behaviour in media composer 7.0.4 on mac
on Sep 23, 2015 at 4:25:47 pm

default mapping (prev frame/next frame). I did notice the same functions were also mapped to the shift+arrow keys so I removed the shift mapping in case it was related (i've left them blank) but no change...

I forgot to mention I did also check all the finder key bindings (spaces, exposé etc) but there's nothing mapped to shift+arrow keys in the obvious places

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]