FORUMS: list search recent posts

smart tools unresponsive (can't click red arrow)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Petkau
smart tools unresponsive (can't click red arrow)
on Sep 22, 2015 at 3:53:27 am

Hi,

I am a convert from Sony Vegas, FCP and most recently Adobe Premiere. Like most of us converts we're looking for a way to drag and drop. I am picking up the shortcuts nicely without the need for that, but my only hang up is moving clips forward in my timeline and filling in an 'in and out' point on the timeline from the source.

I noticed that many people achieve this by selecting the segment arrows and then they are able to use the drag functions. Currently I have the yellow segment arrow (extract/splice-in) selected, but I'm unable to click the red arrow (lift/overwrite) or any other buttons in the smart tool toggle. I can drag clips backwards landing accurately where the dotted lines show, but dragging forwards always results in the clip staying put. I'm in source mode, and cannot enter any other mode either.

If someone can either tell me how to activate the other smart tools or give me an alternative to move clips over in the timeline and fill selected timeline in and out points from the source window, I'll finally be good to go with this program!

I'm using a 30 day trial for Avid, which may be my problem.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]