FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Worden
Export Issue
on Sep 18, 2015 at 6:38:47 pm
Last Edited By Zach Worden on Sep 18, 2015 at 8:04:02 pm

I exported a film I have been working on and in the export every fourth frame has a double vision effect. The sequence in Media Composer doesn't have this problem. I have tried a bunch of export settings, but have been unable to find one that fixes the issue. The project is 24 fps. Most of the footage was shot in Cineframe 24, which is actually a 1080i60 mode, but there were technical issues that were resolved by moving the sequence to a 24p project. I have included an image from a problematic frame. Any possible fixes would be appreciated.

Zach

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Export Issue
on Sep 20, 2015 at 7:35:50 pm

inside your 24 project, can you call up the motion effect editor and promote the clips and try a different interpolation method. I get this a lot when going the other way. Footage comes in at 24, but we have to deliver broadcast of 720 59.94. Usually you can see the issue inside Avid however, so its easy to promote and pick a method that cleans up the problem. (Are you viewing on a computer monitor in Avid, or a broadcast monitor?) I wonder if that is why you aren't seeing the issue.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Zach Worden
on Sep 21, 2015 at 3:34:06 pm

Thanks Glenn, that seems like the answer. I'm going to have to do that one clip at a time, aren't I?

Zach

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 21, 2015 at 5:07:42 pm

I'm afraid so. I've never had succes multi selecting the clips and changing the setting.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Zach Worden
on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:11:26 pm

Sometimes I'm unable to either promote or change the interpolation setting. Any idea why?

Zach

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:30:15 pm

You need to step into the effect you have on it...the RESIZE. Or remove it, do the speed thing, and then add it again. double-clicking to reveal it won't allow you to do the motion effect

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Zach Worden
on Sep 28, 2015 at 2:47:08 pm

Thanks, Shane. I'll try that. Double clicking seemed to work on most of the clips (they all have the resize effect), so I thought that was a way of stepping in.

Zach

Return to posts index

Zach Worden
on Sep 28, 2015 at 3:21:39 pm

I had the same problem using the "Step In" button, and then I realized that the problem was that the position indicator was not on the clip. I thought selecting it with the red arrow was sufficient, but the blue line has to be in position. Hopefully it's just a matter of plugging away at this tedious task now. Thanks so much for your help, Glenn and Shane!

Zach

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]