FORUMS: list search recent posts

ISIS 5000 operating system level compatibility

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Ryan
ISIS 5000 operating system level compatibility
on Sep 18, 2015 at 4:45:23 pm

Hey all --
I currently have a small 16TB Avid ISIS 5000 running in my production environment. Its the heart of my company's workflow and has been for since its implementation in mid 2012.
The problem I'm starting to run into is that our edit systems need to be updated to take advantage of current softwares, (mainly CC2015), but we never kept our Avid support. Therefore, we cannot get the updates and to my knowledge the server won't interface with anything newer than Windows 7 or OSX 10.6.5.
Without Avid support I've not even been able to find information on how far I can push my actual systems. Now, I'm probably not looking in the right place, but I'm also not extremely familiar with how Avid operates their unity server things. Sadly I inherited most of my issues because I'm the guy in the office who understands basic networking therefore I'm IT...
Recently I've been testing newer operating systems to try and expand our capability (without spending money to make my upper management happy). Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, and OSX 10.9 were unable to interface via the ISIS Client Manager. I set them all up to verified working internal IPs, most of them on both of their NIC controllers in turn. I can, on all systems, via a browser access the management console to actually admin the shares.
A little more info; our ISIS is version 4.0 on a self contained non-internet network running into a Dell force10 switch and distributing via the 4 teamed Gigabit ports as per Avid spec. It is distributed to 8 edit systems running both Windows and Mac. I'm only working with the software that I have available (that was via the original installation flashdrive).
Is there a definitive list of how far ISIS 5000 v4.0 supports verses the current v4.7.5? Also is there any sort of work around to even get my Windows 8 and 10 systems to see the server, being that it is just a windows server2008 unit?
Getting my superiors to bite on the Avid Support reinstatement and the actual system update would be much easier if I could show the in very clear terms that we're losing productivity daily.
Also does anyone know what the actual upgrade path is? I know that the ISIS operates on dual 2.5 inch system drives. Is the update an actual upgrade to something like server2012 on new drop in drives or is it some sort of software patching?

thanks a ton!
~Casey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]