FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Media Composer user delivering a PRO RES video file with 4 audio tracks?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zachary Snygg
AVID Media Composer user delivering a PRO RES video file with 4 audio tracks?
on Sep 18, 2015 at 1:08:08 am

Greetings,

I have a client that wants me to deliver a VIDEO file with a MINIMUM of four audio channels. I only edit in AVID/pc and the client wants this in PRO RES (Mac). I have NEVER heard of a delivering a video file with multiple audio tracks that are included. Is this a MAC thing? Does anyone have any solutions for a PC user? I do own the latest version of Media Composer. A solution to this would be greatful,
zack

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: AVID Media Composer user delivering a PRO RES video file with 4 audio tracks?
on Sep 19, 2015 at 9:31:47 am

Creating ProRes on Windows is not widely supported, although not impossible.
Having 4 separate audio tracks instead of one poly is also not strange. (It's the same as XDcamHD does.)

Only option (besides going to a Mac) is my AUXtc reader.
It was not designed to do this, but it can transcode to ProRes and create 4 unique 24 bits mono tracks.
(import your file, check 'merge on existing tc', and export with correct patching and settings)

http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/26/auxtc-reader

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: AVID Media Composer user delivering a PRO RES video file with 4 audio tracks?
on Sep 19, 2015 at 3:00:12 pm

I'm assuming your client has a need for 4 specific audio channels?

Is he (or she) simply asking for a split-out, or a mix and a mix minus? You may want to clarify what/why they are really asking for.

I use miraizon prores out of Windows all the time with no issues, delivering to clients and distributors, unfortunately it is no longer being sold, but there are workarounds if you do some research.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Zachary Snygg
on Sep 20, 2015 at 4:03:12 pm

Its for a streaming network.

Here are the stats for the PRO RES file audio

SD Audio
Channel 1: Left Audio (Dolby ProLogic matrixed if needed/Monaural – in phase)
Channel 2: Right Audio (Dolby ProLogic matrixed if needed/Monaual – in phase)
Channel 3: SAP/or Mono Mix of Channels 1 & 2/or DVS if in lieu of SAP (NO MUSIC, NO MOS)
Channel 4: DVS (if delivered in addition to SAP) or Mono Mix of Channels 1 & 2 (NO EFX, NO MOS)

So is there anyway to do this on a PC? A third party software like MIRAISON or ClipTOOLZConvert? Really don't want to send this to a lab. It is for several features and would not be worth the expense.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 20, 2015 at 7:30:48 pm

I don't think you can do it directly on a windows box anyway.
(I master through Avid DS, not Media Composer, so I've never delt with this issue inside MC)

Can MC do a 4 channel output...yes, you can do a direct output.
But I also think Avid needs to be set as same as source for this tab to become active. So in your situation, you would need your avid timeline video to be prores in the first place. You could do a mixdown to prores, but you don't have the Miraizon codec installed, so that isn't really an option. You could try a direct out and then attempt Bouke's idea. (I'm going to look into that one myself)

Personally I would call the client and see if they can take an DnxHD codec instead. I find a lot of people ask for ProRes "just because" It isn't necessarily because it is the only file type their system will play. (doesn't hurt to ask)

You could also ask a friend with a mac to convert your file to prores as well, but be sure the levels don't get screwed up along the way.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 20, 2015 at 7:47:59 pm

Glenn,
For my trick you don't even need a direct out. You could use one video track and multiple Wave (BWF) files if needed.
(Being way more flexible in making multiple versions.)
You know that exporting a Wave from a MC timeline gives you a BWF with timestamp corresponding to the sequence?

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 20, 2015 at 8:07:30 pm

That does sound good. I'm assuming for his output he will be getting sound files from a sound house anyway...if they are looking for SAP and Discribed video.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 20, 2015 at 9:13:41 pm

I find with BWF export out of MC, you still want to open it in WaveAgent and make sure all the fields are set in the file. I usually have to remind it of frame rate. Then save file and you should be good to go with what Bouke is suggesting.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]