FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer licensing frustrations

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eurie Chung
Media Composer licensing frustrations
on Sep 11, 2015 at 7:16:06 pm

I am in an extremely frustrating loop where I cannot seem to get any Avid support to get all my licenses straightened out.

When I log in to my Avid account, under "My Products and Subscriptions," it states that I have an active Standard Support contract valid until March 29, 2015. When I call and input my System ID it will not connect me to a person because it says my System ID is invalid.

So I pay the $39.95 for a one-time service call last night. I do not activate until until this morning. Once I do activate it and it shows up in "My Products and Subscriptions," it tells me that the code is no longer valid for phone support.

So I pay again at around 11:55 this morning. Got the same message that my code is not valid for phone support.

Is it possible to speak to a human being an Avid? I've now paid $80 to get an error message and Avid phone support seems dead set against me getting to a human being.

I am also trying to post in Avid forums, but apparently my user account is not linked to a forum account, or I haven't updated my forum account since it hasn't been used in a while, and I cannot even link my accounts to make a post. i have never been so frustrated or infuriated with a company before in my life.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Media Composer licensing frustrations
on Sep 11, 2015 at 7:23:42 pm

Email Marianna at: marianna.montague@avid.com

With your issues. She can get it straightened out.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 13, 2015 at 4:19:26 pm

When I call avid.com I usually go straight to the licensing issues, option. I don't think I've ever been asked for a system ID on the phone, and have certainly never paid a one time fee. Is that new, or are you taking the hard approach to getting in touch with Avid?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 14, 2015 at 12:44:54 pm

Always always contact Marianna :)

I hope one day they fix their website login.

Ive had to login every instance and click on the link to my account crap.

Its been a few years and still have to do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]