FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correction effects disappearing after conforming

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Clark
Color Correction effects disappearing after conforming
on Sep 10, 2015 at 9:38:25 pm

So, my company had color corrected a rough cut that was dnx36. The editor did color correction nested within the clip, rather than putting the cc effect on a separate track above the clips like we normally do. We need to conform the cut to hi-res (dnx175), but once we AMA relink the clips before transcoding, the color effects are lost. The color effect icon on the clip remains, however.

Many of these clips have multiple cc effects, some from Magic Bullet.

Any ideas on how to get the color correction to stick after relinking so we can conform? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Everyone seems stumped on how to go about this.

The only action we can think of would be grabbing all the cc effects from the effect editor and then slapping them back on the conformed clips, but we have a deadline that would not make this feasible.

Help? Thanks!

-Matt

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Color Correction effects disappearing after conforming
on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:07:04 pm

I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying that the timeline has been relinked to higher quality, the effect icons are still inside those nests on the timeline,

[Matthew Clark] "The color effect icon on the clip remains, however."

and you can actually call up the properties of those effects with the effect editor and use them on another clip (or the original clip),

[Matthew Clark] "The only action we can think of would be grabbing all the cc effects from the effect editor and then slapping them back on the conformed clips"

but you cant see the final look in your viewer?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Matthew Clark
Re: Color Correction effects disappearing after conforming
on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:21:34 pm

Hey Glenn. Thanks for getting back. I wanted to let everyone know that it was just a matter of restarting the mac/avid a few times and all of a sudden everything seemed to be in order. Strange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]