FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client monitoring

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Schoklant
Client monitoring
on Sep 6, 2015 at 1:37:17 pm

I'm trying to configure a suite for MC8. I haven't used Media Composer in ages (I believe 5 was the last version I used) so I'm rather rusty where it comes to Avid MC. The setup will be mostly used for a 'offline' situation, working with 2k footage.

So my first question is: is it correct that MC8 won't let you monitor audio and video with separate hardware devices?

What options do I have for video and audio monitoring with Avid MC8 on a 2013 Mac Pro?

I was thinking about the AJA T-Tap, connected to a Denon DN-500AV and throughput audio and video with that. Will this work?

I have been looking at something like the AJA IO XT or BM Ultrastudio 4K, but I won't be needing the ingest features of these devices, plus these devices only output multi channel audio over SDI or HDMI anyway, so I don't see the benefit of taking this route since I'd still need an amp to check 5.1 audio. Am I assuming correct?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Client monitoring
on Sep 6, 2015 at 10:23:10 pm

[Brian Schoklant] "So my first question is: is it correct that MC8 won't let you monitor audio and video with separate hardware devices?"

Correct. Video and audio are directed to the same device. Because historically you only needed one. Either it was software, and you used the microphone outs, or you had hardware, and you used that.

[Brian Schoklant] "I was thinking about the AJA T-Tap, connected to a Denon DN-500AV and throughput audio and video with that. Will this work? "

Possibly...looks like it will in Theory. HDMI In, and then HDMI out to your monitor, and audio out to speakers.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]