FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do v1/a1 editing with Zoom Multichannel Audio

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Minh Bui
How to do v1/a1 editing with Zoom Multichannel Audio
on Sep 4, 2015 at 11:13:54 pm

I'm assisting a short film and the editor likes to do V1/A1 audio editing. In the typical scenario I would get BWF from the sound department with like 4 channels of audio (A1=mono mix, a2=lav, a3=lav, a4= boom). I would created synced subclips that have the full multichannel audio (so it would look like V1/A1-A4).

Then I would subclip out a separate V1/A1 clip that only has the mono mix on it. That way the editor can edit with the mix track and match back to the full 4 multichannel audio when they need to pull the ISO tracks.

However, on the zoom files I received it records the multichannel audio each as a separate audio track. So instead of 1 audio file with 4 mono tracks, I get 4 audio files each with a single mono track. The issue is when I try to create the V1/A1 subclip it only tracks back to the one mono track (because that is the original audio track).

Is there any way that I can prepare these multiple zoom audio files as one wav with multiple tracks? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How to do v1/a1 editing with Zoom Multichannel Audio
on Sep 5, 2015 at 12:11:19 am

The import settings window has a checkbox for combining monophic files to a single clip. Try that. If not you can create poly versions with the free Sound Devices Free Agent.

Also, you can just select track 1 from the audio only files when syncing (AutoSync) to keep the A1 (or whatever track) and still have the ability to match back to the 4 track audio file.

Michael

Return to posts index

Minh Bui
Re: How to do v1/a1 editing with Zoom Multichannel Audio
on Sep 5, 2015 at 12:39:03 am

Thanks Michael! The sound devices option totally worked. Wish I had come and asked Creative Cow sooner!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]