Just wondering if anyone has some expertise here, i've been trying everything and searching through forums for a week now.
Basically I made some subtitles in Avid MC7 on the Mac. Exported the stl when i found out the client also needed an srt, and then found really no programs could read the stl. Also the client provided me with other srt files to put in as well. Tried all the subtitle software i could get my hands on that worked on a mac. Really nothing would read the stl. And i couldn't convert anything from the Avid DS txt file either. In the end i downloaded the trial of Premiere CC 2015 and used their caption tool to input the data and output an stl, into Avid so i could at least control the fonts and things etc, and also could export an srt directly out of there too. But it its been a time intensive process and would be much easier if i could just do it in avid.