FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Learning Series - Media Composer Editing Essentials - unavailable media files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carrie Siggins
Avid Learning Series - Media Composer Editing Essentials - unavailable media files
on Sep 3, 2015 at 6:33:26 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to get the editing essentials tutorial up and running using the free Avid one-month trial (I'm a reality TV story producer honing my string-out skills). I've saved the media files in the right place - HD/Avid Mediafiles/MXF/101. I use OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Lots of RAM.

I've deleted all .mdb files. But the message that keeps coming up is "Media will be unavailable in the media directory:" and then the address where I saved it on my hard drive.

I only have a few days left on my free trial, and I really need to get this to work. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid Learning Series - Media Composer Editing Essentials - unavailable media files
on Sep 5, 2015 at 4:48:25 pm

Where did your media come from? (how was it created?)
what happens if you drag the mdb file into in open bin?

If Avid is recreating the mdb file each time, then that tells you that the process is trying to work. I'm not sure I've ever seen that error window.

Is it possible to try on another hard drive? Perhaps you have some read/write restrictions on that drive.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Carrie Siggins
Re: Avid Learning Series - Media Composer Editing Essentials - unavailable media files
on Sep 8, 2015 at 3:22:38 pm

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]