FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the non-AMA method to import AVCHD files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto ferrigno
Using the non-AMA method to import AVCHD files
on Sep 2, 2015 at 10:26:54 pm

Can i use the non-AMA method to import AVCHD files into MC6? I still have not received the MC6 so i can not make tests. Will the quality suffer? I used to work with XpressDV only, first time witn composer, i been reading the manual and i find all this info a bit confusing, so many restrictions, everything was so much simpler with Xpress DV.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Using the non-AMA method to import AVCHD files
on Sep 2, 2015 at 10:51:21 pm

AVCHD is a complex beast, to say the least. There are multiple flavors of it, and newer cameras use newer, updated versions of it...different camera makers use different versions....so that makes this difficult. You might have an older AMA plugin, and it won't work on the newer format.

But, yes, if you are going to use Avid to import, you must AMA. I don't think direct IMPORT will even work. AMA link and transcode. If you can't, see if the most current version of the AVCHD plugin will work on your system. But it's an old version of Avid, so it might not.

There are external options for converting...EditReady, Resolve, media Encoder.

Things were so much simplier when there weren't two dozen tapeless formats...a good half dozen variations of AVCHD alone...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

alberto ferrigno
Re: Using the non-AMA method to import AVCHD files
on Sep 3, 2015 at 12:53:32 am

Thank you so much for your replay, i´ll cross my fingers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]