FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform in Media Composer 8.2.3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kirkby
Conform in Media Composer 8.2.3
on Aug 25, 2015 at 10:26:38 pm

Hi Guys!

Sorry to ask a silly question...but here is my issue and its kept me awake for the last 24 hours. Argh!

So i'm conforming an offline sequence from 10:1 back to HD XDCAM 1080p25. The rushes are multicam. The problem is, even though the HP machine i use is a beast (or so i thought) Avid keeps crashing when i AMA link all the sequences into the conform project to relink. There isn't a huge amount of rushes to relink but they are data intensive. About 4TB of rushes to relink in total (crazy, right?)

Is the size of the rushes what keeps crashing my Avid? What is the best way to relink this before i can transcode to DNXHD 185x?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Ols

HP Z840 Dual (2x) Xeon E5‐2650v3, 2.3GHz 10 Core
MC 8.2.3
Aja io Express I/O box for Avid with PCIe

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Conform in Media Composer 8.2.3
on Aug 26, 2015 at 12:39:12 pm

Try re linking and transcoding in sections (or by disc). AMA linking that much footage at once is likely maxing out your system resources.

Return to posts index

John Kirkby
Re: Conform in Media Composer 8.2.3
on Aug 27, 2015 at 2:31:00 pm

Thanks John. Tried that method, doesn't seem to make much difference to be honest. i even tried to relink clip by clip and even that seems sluggish. I've always conformed stuff with no problems, this one is baffling to say the least! If anyone can help i'll genuinely buy you a beer. Or two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]