FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcode and relink AMA clips in a sequence on export (whole clips, no handles)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Transcode and relink AMA clips in a sequence on export (whole clips, no handles)
on Aug 25, 2015 at 4:35:53 am

I'm currently making sequences consisting of AMA linked media for the time being as a temporary measure. I figure it'll be a little faster this way because we need to push this particular stuff out but because of the size of the project I'd like to make things easier on myself later on by having that media transcoded so it's all in the same place in the same Avid MediaFiles structure as all the rest of the project's media.

I realise I can export a sequence with AMA media and it will do the necessary transcoding during this operation, and I know I can right click on a sequence and tell it to transcode but the issue is that I would like the clips in their entirety transcoded even the stuff not being used in the sequence so that later on the full clips will be part of the project, accessible as master clips in bins like all the other media, and it will be possible also to look at the sequences I do today, at a later date and match frame to those transcoded master clips in a bin.

The transcoding options seem to only allow for handles, but I don't want handles of any length because I just want the entire clip however long that may be. For today, for speed, I'll probably just export with no transcoding but I would like if possible to set it transcoding overnight and have the media in sequence link to the resulting transcodes so there's no confusion and no references to media in other locations than the Avid MediaFiles directory later on.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Transcode and relink AMA clips in a sequence on export (whole clips, no handles)
on Aug 25, 2015 at 1:16:31 pm

If you put your sequence(s) in its own bin, then "set bin display " (bottom hamburger menu) to show reference clips (check box), the bin will now show all the master clips that made up that sequence (in addition to any subclips, group clips etc). Select all the master clips, but them in another new bin and transcode those. Turn off "show references in the bin with the sequences to return to normal view.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]