FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multigrouping/group clips audio tracks disappearing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liza Renzulli
Multigrouping/group clips audio tracks disappearing
on Aug 20, 2015 at 3:12:55 pm

I'm having an issue with multigrouping. About half the time I make a multigroup, some of the tracks of audio don't come with it. For example, I just made a multigroup with 13 tracks of audio, and when I grouped it, tracks 5, 11, and 12 weren't there.

I took out the camera audio before subclipping and multigrouping, and tried to multigroup both with the "keep audio on clip with video" checked and unchecked, and I got the exact same multigroup with both options. When I right click on the first two audio tracks, it seems that Avid is combining my first four tracks, but a) I don't want that to happen and b)it still doesn't explain where that third track went.

When I right click the multigroup in the bin and go to modify>set tracks, I see that tracks 5, 11, and 12 are unchecked, but it won't let me change it - I get an alert that says "only master clips and subclips can be modified when using Set Tracks." BUT when I try and modify Set Tracks for the subclips and master clips, I get an alert telling me that the master clip cannot be modified unless unlinked.

Aaaaaaand it's also happening with regular group clips.

Any help is so intensely appreciated.

(I'm running 8.4.0)

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Multigrouping/group clips audio tracks disappearing
on Aug 21, 2015 at 12:17:34 pm

Sounds frustrating and odd. I have not seen this behavior. Do you have a mix of stereo and mono tracks, by any chance?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]