FORUMS: list search recent posts

There is no source media for this effect. Filler can't be used as a source. RENDER ERROR

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Purcell
There is no source media for this effect. Filler can't be used as a source. RENDER ERROR
on Aug 12, 2015 at 4:06:42 pm

Hello I'm trying to render out a sequence in Avid and I keep coming across an Error Message saying:

"There is no source media for this effect. Filler can't be used as a source."

I think I've managed to hone in on the source of this error but I have no idea why it's occurring? The problem seems to stem from this pair of audio clips, with from what I can tell look just a normal as the pair above them.

Does anyone know what exactly is causing this error and how to fix it?

Thanks,
-Brian

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: There is no source media for this effect. Filler can't be used as a source. RENDER ERROR
on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:47:52 am

They are Group clips. Are some angles in the group offline?

Match back to the master clip and replace the audio clips with the original non-grouped clip and see if the error goes away. Just a guess.

Return to posts index

Brian Purcell
Re: There is no source media for this effect. Filler can't be used as a source. RENDER ERROR
on Aug 13, 2015 at 2:54:51 pm

Thanks, that was indeed the case. I think I may found the source of the issue and a couple of solutions to the problem.

Ok so I'm going to do my best here to try and explain the problem. Avid is trying to render something, but it can't because there's nothing to render. You can't render nothingness aka filler, which is what these pair of audio clips are.

First off I played the clip back to see if there was any audio. Didn't hear anything, so I turned on audio waveforms to see if there was any kind of signal coming through. Nothing.

Next thing I did was match frame the audio clip so that I can see where it was being sourced from. It turns out that the audio is being taken from 20130509_meetdaddressed_DrivePiano_multigroup. That is the keyword, multigroup. Upon further investigation I discovered that there is no audio associated with this audio clip.

Let me explain further. So I know that 0001HD.new01.sub01(g) is the clip I need to investigate. So I need to figure out is this media even there. When making the multigroup, you have to group clips together so that they sync up. Obviously each camera starts at a different point in time, however when you group the clips together your essentially combining all the audio tracks and all the video tracks into one long clip. So in this instance, one of the cameras has 4 audio tracks, making the minimum amount of audio tracks for this multigroup at any given point 4. So if you're at such and such point in time and that camera with 4 audio tracks hasn't appeared yet, those two extra audio tracks are going to be empty Which is what we are dealing with here. So it is essentially filler which is why Avid is not rendering it.

So what do we do here? Well there's two options. You can either delete the effect, or you can just delete the audio clip itself. It's an empty audio clip, so it won't make a difference if it's there or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]