FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finding things in multipage bins

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Spears
Finding things in multipage bins
on Jul 30, 2015 at 4:33:10 pm

I have wanting this feature for a long time, and so I am just going to ask. Is there anyway to search in multiple bins at the same time? For instance, if I want a shot with a child, is there a way to simply look for "child" and have my AVID search through all the bins for that word? And somehow indicate which bins would have a shot with a Child???

Thanks, Ross

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Finding things in multipage bins
on Jul 30, 2015 at 5:05:20 pm

Nope...sorry. Not yet.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 30, 2015 at 7:51:06 pm

If you are running MC v5.5 or later you have command-F or control-F which allows you to search any column in any bin, even if it is closed.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:01:35 pm

Wait...say what? Dunno...I copied a clip name from a bin...made the timeline active, and did a CMD F....CLIPS AND SEQUENCES, search BINS IN PROJECT...and it didn't find it.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:18:06 pm

In he FIND window, go to the last tab for settings and make sure indexing is turned on.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:20:41 pm

Ah...right! We turned off INDEXING on the ISIS because it really caused the system to slow to a crawl. No wonder I don't use it, or think it exists.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:28:15 pm

And that's a whole other unfortunate issue!

Michael

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 31, 2015 at 3:39:17 am

[Shane Ross] "Ah...right! We turned off INDEXING on the ISIS because it really caused the system to slow to a crawl. No wonder I don't use it, or think it exists."

Indexing is better than sliced bread. On the doc Wolfmeyer and I worked on I got to the point where I didn't even open bins looking for footage anymore I just used the Find tool. It could still use some tweaks to become really useful, but even in its then current state (8.1) I loved using it.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 31, 2015 at 11:56:09 am

Certainly for standalone systems where the indexing does not slow down systems it works fairly well. And while it works well enough, it could certainly use some refinement to really make it a standout feature.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]